No Troop Meeting August 1st – relax, take a break, this is our traditional day off after Summer Camp at Bartle. We will resume regular meetings on the 8th of August.
The bus from Bartle will arrive at 10:30 am today at the cabin. We are a bit ahead of schedule and this is being sent from the bus. Your boys are happy, healthy, but a little stinky. Clean out the clothes washer now!
CAMP CHECK IN: Sat, July 16 – beginning at 6:00 pm (see schedule below)
DEPART FOR CAMP: Sun, July 17 – 7:30am (to prepare)
VISITOR’S DAY: Sun, July 24 – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
RETURN FROM CAMP: Tues, July 26 – 12:00 pm ETA
Check-in Schedule on July 15:
1st Years 6:00 – 6:45 pm
2nd & 3rd Years 6:45 – 7:15 pm
4th Years and above 7:15 – 7:30 pm
You must talk to the Camp Scoutmaster if have problems with the date or time for check-in. Camp check in is mandatory. Scouts should come with at least one parent. We will have stations set up for the following:
- Camp trunks (packed for camp) & lock combinations
- Money for the camp bank
- Health forms will be checked
- Tent buddies – if not already signed up
- Visitor’s Day food sign-up
- Outposts (wrap up)
- Electronic Agreement Form
- Behavior Agreement Form
We may inspect a few trunks at check-in.
Departure on Sunday, July 17 at 7:30 am:
- Be on time – we will travel on a tour bus
- Wear complete Class A uniform!
- Wear swim suit
- Bring a sack lunch and drink
- Bring a day pack with goggles and towel
- May bring an electronic device
The Point at Bartle Scout Reservation
This coming Monday we have the final Bartle prep before we leave on Sunday July 17th. Everyone going to Bartle must attend! Contact Mr. Gabrielson if you cannot attend. The T shirt are also done and will be at the Monday night meeting for pick up. You can pay with check, cash, or use your Scout account. You need to pay the older Scouts in charge of the orders as you pick them up.
Don’t forget you can work on the BSA Swim Test and get ready for the Life Saving Merit Badge Swim or Mile Swim tonight with help from older Scouts.
Where: at the Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center.
BSA Swimmer Test
- Jump feet first into water over the head, level off, and begin swimming.
- Swim 75 yards in a strong manner using one or more of the following strokes: side, breast, trudgen, or crawl. Swim 25 yards using an easy, resting backstroke.
- The 100 yards must be completed without stops and must include at least one sharp turn.
- Rest by floating…Long enough to demonstrate ability to rest when exhausted.